Disclosure - Whilst every care has been taken to ensure all of the information on this site is accurate, please always check with your dealer as errors can occur.
This Privacy Statement relates to any dealings you may have with the “County Garage Group” being:
County Garage (Barnstaple) Limited
- County Land Rover
- County Renault
- County Mazda
- County Budget Cars
Parkside (Barnstaple) Limited
- County Vauxhall
- County Kia
- County Suzuki
Collecting Personal Information
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website;
- Information that you provide when completing your online profile;
- Information you provide to us when signing up to any distribution lists to receive correspondence from us;
- Information we collect relating to an enquiry or purchase of a vehicle or services;
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, including any other transaction details made via any of our websites;
- Copy of your driving licence when you test drive a vehicle or are provided with a courtesy car;
- Information contained in and records of communications between us, including e-mails, letters and text messages. We also record calls between us for training, monitoring and quality control purposes; and
- CCTV footage in which you feature when you visit our premises.
Using Personal Information
Personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:
- Meeting the terms of your order;
- Responding to queries from you regarding the possible purchase of goods or services;
- Sending statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- To notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you, for example, we will use your contact details in order to respond to any queries that you submit to us;
- To obtain feedback from you regarding us;
- To provide you with reminders regarding your vehicle including, for example, when your vehicle is due to have a service or MOT undertaken; and
- We may pass your personal information to third party organisations that provide services to us (including assisting us with carrying out marketing activities).
Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with our business activities, including in the following circumstances:
- We may pass your personal information to the relevant franchise manufacturer partner relating to your vehicle. They may contact you directly regarding your vehicle and to obtain feedback and/or to provide offers;
- We may pass your personal information to a third party finance company for the purposes of them providing you with finance. Those organisations may carry out credit checks and may disclose your data to credit reference agencies for that purpose;
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing);
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies where it would be reasonable to do so (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing);
- We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information to the extent that we are required to do so by law or in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information);
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (including car dealerships), we may disclose personal information held by us about our customers to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- We may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. We may also disclose personal information to the police and other law enforcement agencies in connection with the prevention and detection of crime; and
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Our basis for processing your personal data – without consent
- In as many circumstances as possible we will only ever process your personal data where we either have consent from you or where we have a legal or contractual obligation to do so. However, there are times where we may need to contact you and you have asked us not do to so. If this situation ever arises we will conduct what is known as a Legitimate Interest balancing test in order to establish if it is right and appropriate for us to speak to you bearing in mind you have asked us not to.
- This does not mean we will contact you whenever we like and we will always respect your wishes in terms of privacy. However, an example of where we may need to conduct a balancing test may be around your vehicle’s roadworthiness. If you have not given us consent to contact you, but we are aware that your vehicle is due its annual service, we may do so if we feel that, after conducting a balancing test, it is right to do so.
- Other circumstances may include a PCP customer who is approaching the end of their contract and may be required to make a substantial payment in order to take ownership of the vehicle. We may, after a thorough balancing test, feel it appropriate contact the customer and remind them of the impending payment. The correspondence would simply provide a reminder and would not constitute any form of marketing;
- Alternatively, we, or your vehicle manufacturer, may have a particular offer which would make it particularly advantageous for you to consider changing your car at a particular time. We will always filter our customers to make sure we only tell customers about an offer that applies to their type of vehicle and we would only expect this to happen infrequently (perhaps 3 or 4 times in any one year). If, at any time you want us to stop informing you of such opportunities, we will make it simple for you to tell us, e.g. simply by unsubscribing to an email.
- If you object to our reliance on Legitimate Interest processing you can do so by letting us know using any of the methods on the “Contact Us” page of our website.
Security of personal information
- We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal data you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers or in back of house filing storage.
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
- If you think the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incorrect, you can request that we correct this information (including your marketing preferences) by writing to us using the details below. You can choose to stop receiving marketing emails or SMS messages from us by following the unsubscribe link and instructions on the respective marketing emails or SMS messages we send you. You can also choose to change your marketing preferences by writing to us using the details below.
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request
- Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law
- If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible
- If you instruct us to destroy an/all of your personal data we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible
- If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office and our registration numbers are:
- County Garage (Barnstaple) Limited - Z6635152
- Parkside (Barnstaple) Limited - ZA107189
How to contact us
All rights, including copyright and database right, in the website and its contents, are owned by or licensed to County Garage Group, or otherwise used by County Garage Group as permitted by applicable law or the copyright holder. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast or transmit any text, images, graphic, logo, button, icon, image and their selection and arrangement thereof, and any underlying source code and software, for any commercial or public purpose without prior written permission from County Garage Group or the copyright holder.
You may not adapt, alter or create any of the material or information in this site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes.
County Garage Group reserves the right to use for its own purposes any material submitted to the site, including text and images, either on the site or in any other form, including for publicity purposes. County Garage Group reserves the right to monitor submissions to the site and to edit or reject any submissions.
We try to ensure that information on our site is accurate, complete and up-to-date. In using this site, however, you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions, which take effect on the date when you first use the site.
Without prejudice to your statutory rights, the site and all information, text, names, images, pictures, logos, links and icons and other materials (without limitation) are provided 'AS IS' and on an 'IS AVAILABLE' basis without representation warranty or endorsement, express or implied. In particular, we do not warrant or represent the accuracy or completeness of information provided on this site nor do we guarantee that use of this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the site and its servers are free of computer viruses or bugs.
In no event will County Garage Group be liable to any person for any damage or loss that may arise from the use of any information contained in our site or products displayed on our site, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site.